Pagine

Translate!

giovedì, agosto 04, 2011

Holidays!



Ok guys, I'm back to Italy on holiday since one week now, and I already scored four nice sessions (one with the kite, and three with the windsurf - yes, my beloved windsurf). The sun is finally shining over our heads, and it seems that summer time is bringing us some good thermal winds.
The best session I had can be described by the above picture: a friend of mine has a nice GPS watch and tracked down the Tuesday session. We sailed together to Torre Fico (upwind the harbor) in a nice landscape of Monte Circeo, our typical summer spot here in Italy. He's maximum speed was over 25 knots,  pretty good considering that he was sailing on a custom Temavento board and a 5.7m Naish sail. I was out with a 145 RRD X-Ride board which I borrowed (almost stole) and a 7.2m Point-7 AC-0 sail. The wind was not so strong, I didn't measure it but I bet it was not blowing more than 22 knots. Nice session, Maurizio... let's repeat (..but please remember to switch the GPS off when going home :-) )!

Nessun commento: